Work flow — Page 6 — Work flow — Page 6 — Genohistory.com Forum — GENOHISTORY.COM

Scroll down to see the Zotero Forum.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Work flow

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next

I think I substituted one and added one. The one I added may have been done before you got to it.

Ann;

Just a couple of notes:

Image 3, mentioned on post #35, appears to be missing.

Image 5, present in post #41, is not mentioned in the text.

Having read most of it in detail, I'm looking forward to seeing how I can do something similar.

Thank you!

History Hunter;

I will take a look and see if I can figure out what is missing. 

Ann

History Hunter, I went back and added the missing image from post #35 and added a bit of text for explaining what image 5 is in post #41.

Thank you, Ann. I will update my composite document based on your changes.

I received my book PDF. It appears the site was experiencing some issues. Now that I have it, I should be set to try things out.

By the way; safari 14 was just released, so maybe I’ll even be able to use the Safari connector now that it can be made to work with Safari.

Ann;

I see what confused me in post #35. I think you meant image 4 but said image 3 in the text. I'll figure it out. Thank you so much!

Ann;

I've completed the task of working through the Zotero book and now want to go over your workflow that uses Scrivener.

I have one question, though. How do you address the need for lists and tables in your genealogical reports? Those elements don't typically compile as they should in Scrivener.

History Hunter,

I know what you mean about the compiling part with Scrivener.  I have not figured out a way to add tables and charts and have them compile correctly. Typically I put a space in the text with something like:

INSERT PHOTOGRAPH 1
INSERT TABLE 1
or INSERT CHART 1

I make a lot of my charts & tables in Excel. I will use one Excel workbook per project. 

Basically, I have a folder in my main Genealogy folder called "Case Studies." Inside that folder are other folders with the title of the project or question. Within those folders, I have my Scrivener and any Excel workbooks that pertain to the project or question. I haven't tried it but I am guessing I could add the Excel workbook into Zotero with a link. 

Ann

I should add that using the above method works well especially if I am submitting an article for publication. Most of the journals and magazines want the charts, tables, and images in separate documents/files. This allows them to place them where they fit in the article. 

Ann

Ann; 

I found this on using Scrivener and Mark-down notation to do tables and the like.

Have a look at this: http://www.raydanielmystery.com/rays-scrivenermarkdown-flow

l’m hoping it may be a solution.

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next
Share...
Shopping Cart

I stand with the innocents of all nations and pray peace to all.

X
Scroll to Top