Zotero sync storage--attachments only — Zotero sync storage--attachments only — Genohistory.com Forum — GENOHISTORY.COM

Scroll down to see the Zotero Forum.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Zotero sync storage--attachments only

Recently, I read that Zotero only applies attachments against the allotted space it gives you in its free 300MB of cloud storage. That suggested that the reference data and the notes did not count against it. I tested it a few days ago, and that appears to be true. I pasted images and the entire rich-text content of web pages into notes, and it did not increase my storage used. I think the images may cease to be the format they were before. I'm not sure about that. It wouldn't be a good place to keep the only scan of a photograph probably.

If some of you have a chance to test this on your systems, let me know if you have the same experience.

Donna,

When I added screenshots of webpages my storage usage did increase. Hence the reason I started to use OneNote for screenshots. Not sure about copy and paste. It may be a different process?  I am guessing it is "seeing" the screenshot as an attachment. Ann

Hi, Ann. Somehow this forum system stopped sending me notices of posts at some point, and I missed a batch. I will need to test this again on my end. It would make sense that webshots would be considered attachments and should count against the storage tally. I'm sure you could fill up your space in no time. So it's a great idea to use an external storage option and link to it.

I hope you're well, and if you get a chance, please look at the new post about Scotlands People. I'm not sure if you've used that tool, but I know you've done Scottish research.

Donna

Share...
Shopping Cart

I stand with the innocents of all nations and pray peace to all.

X
Scroll to Top