Discovered a new way to link documents. — Discovered a new way to link documents. — Genohistory.com Forum — GENOHISTORY.COM

Scroll down to see the Zotero Forum.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Discovered a new way to link documents.

I can't remember if Donna talked about this option in her book and I just missed it!

I just figured out I could link a document directly to a folder without using a parent document.  All you need to do is use the Link to File in the dropdown menu in the second section. See photo 1.

You get a place to write your notes and or citation. See photo 2.

Loving this software! So much flexibility.

Ann

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

I'm not sure if I covered it in Zotero for Genealogy, either, Ann. I know it is in my upcoming book The Zotero Solution: Knowledge Management for Scholarly Researchers, which is directed at academic scholars--professors and students--and is not genealogy-specific. 

The new book began on the ZFG basis, so significant portions are repeated. But it also includes the things I have learned since--many of them by our interactions on this forum--and it covers some things that were more academic in nature. I will begin to post insights from the new material here.

With respect to the attachments sitting directly in the folder, without a reference, there is also the option to have Zotero create a parent record (the reference part) after the fact--based on the attachment. You just right-click on the attachment and choose that option. There will usually be some tweaking needed in the reference information, since the attachment rarely gives Zotero complete reference data.

Thanks for this, Ann!

Share...
Shopping Cart

I stand with the innocents of all nations and pray peace to all.

X
Scroll to Top