Digital/Real World Scrapbooking — Digital/Real World Scrapbooking — Genohistory.com Forum — GENOHISTORY.COM

Scroll down to see the Zotero Forum.

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Digital/Real World Scrapbooking

I have found another way to use Zotero. I do a lot of scrapbooking. In the past, it was real world. Now it is mostly digital and then I send it off to be printed into books. Currently, I am working on a series of letters my mom wrote to her family while we were stationed at various places around the world. Dad was career Air Force. Instead of just scanning the letters and printing them in a book I am adding the family photographs, stories and other images relating to the letters. I don't have all the letters mom wrote but I do have slides from family trips and events. These are being added in Part two of each volume.

My scrapbooks not only contain photographs & the family stories but I include documents like orders and telegrams. I also include the history behind locations and events. In the past, I would keep all of these notes with the photographs in word documents.  Now I am using the connector and adding the information directly to a Collection I am calling Air Force Life. Zotero is much much more than a citation manager! Thank you, Donna, for writing your book. The possibilities are endless!

Great projects, Ann, and excellent new use for Zotero to gather the materials. Are you publishing them for family?

And thank you so much for your very creative use of Zotero--and for taking the time to bring us along on the adventure.

Yes, I plan on printing them in a photo book. I am planning on using ZNO in a 10x10 lay-flat. If anyone in the family wants a copy they are going to have to pay for their own. I am guessing since I haven't finished the pages of the first volume that it will be about $150.00. You can see the pages I have completed on my blog under Moms Letters. https://renaissanceann.com/

OK, you have taken my breath away. WOW! This is a book of your art and expression, with photos as an asset. When you said "scrapbook," I think I was expecting a photo album. What a talent! Have you ever thought of self-publishing it through Kindle Direct or another print-on-demand option? 

Donna, Thank you! You have me laughing I will admit that it is not your typical scrapbook. But I don't know what else to call them! Maybe digital scrapbook artistry? I also make books by hand sewing the signatures and making the covers. The letters book will be printed by ZNO photobooks. Because these are photographs I want to print them on photo paper. The pages are uploaded and then sent to a printer to print. I don't know if they stay in my account or not after the first printing.

By the way, you to could make scrapbooks like these with your own spin. The bulk of the digital products I use are from Anna Aspnes Designs. She does have classes and tutorials. I do use other supplies but by and large, they are from Anna's Art Play Pallett's with some of my own embellishments added.  And I incorporate a lot of genealogy into my books. Sometimes I will even incorporate a citation into the page. 

They are stunning, Ann. If the day ever comes that I have the freedom to do something even remotely like this, I will know where to come for mentoring.

Share...
Shopping Cart

I stand with the innocents of all nations and pray peace to all.

X
Scroll to Top